Relevant Forms for EcoS Students

The following is a list of forms utilized by EcoS and the Department of East Asian Studies. Many of these procedures can be completed digitally or in person. If you have any questions or uncertainties, please consult with the StudiesServiceCenter (SSC). If you are unable to personally pick up or deliver the documents, you may authorize someone else to do so using the "Vollmacht" authorization form (available at the end of this page). Please note that EcoS Staff and the Department of East Asian Studies are unable to request documents on behalf of students.

 Recognition of Grades [Anerkennung]

After choosing the courses that you want to take as part of your studies abroad or at a different department of the University of Vienna, make sure the courses fulfill the necessary criteria (check Step 2 in our guide on the Approval of Credits and Course Substitution

Subsequently, send the pre-recognition form to the Vice-SPL for EcoS, Univ.-Prof. Dr. Jerome De Wit, MA. The Vice-SPL must approve your study plan in advance, as this will expedite the recognition process later on.

The following PDF document must be filled out with your signature, and sent to Stefanie Yu ( together with the excel file listing the courses subject to recognition. 

 Master's Thesis Registration

The following two forms are necessary in order to register a master's thesis. The form "Ansuchen um Thema und Betreuung" (see below) requires three signatures: Yours, your supervisor’s and the SPL’s - in that order. Note: If supervised by Steven Denney, BA MA PhD, add his name by hand if it is not included in the listed options.

Once you have your and your supervisor’s signature, please deliver the form together with the form "SL/W1 Regeln der guten wissenschaftlichen Praxis" (see below) and your exposé to the SSC of the Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies. The SSC is in charge of procuring the SPL's signature.

Note: The SSC advises you to register your master's thesis six months before your planned date of graduation. It is strongly recommended that you have at least finished some work on the theoretical part before officially registering your topic.

 Registration for the Defensio

Make sure to follow the instructions under step 5 of Finalise your MA Study at EcoS, before submitting the form "registration for the oral examination (defensio)" (see below).